About Dental Prostheses
Tooth loss may occur for certain reasons. Dental prostheses are often preferred in these losses. In this article, we will give information about dental prostheses.Dental prostheses are materials used in the loss of dental tissues for various reasons.
In Which Situations Are Dental Prostheses Used?
- Those who are uncomfortable with the shape of their teeth,
- Those who have large fillings or fractures in their front teeth, Those whose teeth are spaced,
- People with height and color difference between teeth,
- For those who don't like the color of their teeth,
- Dental prostheses are used to straighten the lines of people with a straight smile line or a downward inclination.
- Patients who have crowding problems but do not want to undergo orthodontic treatment,
- The situations in which dental prostheses are used have been described above.
What are the Types of Dental Prosthesis?
- Fixed Prostheses
It is also known as crown-bridge prosthesis. Their purpose is to fill the gap by taking support from the teeth next to the gap.
- Removable Prostheses
They are prostheses applied to people with too many tooth deficiencies. It is especially used for people who have no teeth in the back of the mouth or who are completely toothless.
- Precisely Connected Combined Prostheses
In order to make these prostheses, there must be sufficient support teeth. These supports are then combined with the removable prosthesis via the retention system.
- Total Prostheses
It is the type of prosthesis that is frequently preferred in cases where implants cannot be made in completely edentulous mouths. It is generally used without any problems.
How to Care and Clean Prostheses?
The care and cleaning of dentures should be done every day, as in natural teeth. You can choose the brushes you will use, those produced for dentures, or toothbrushes with soft bristles. Prostheses are not resistant to impact. That's why you have to be careful while cleaning. It should not dry out when not in use. It should be kept in clean water so that it does not dry out. Never put in boiling water. Because boiling water can cause distortion of shapes.
What are the Advantages of Dental Prostheses?
- You have an aesthetic smile.
- Speech disorders are corrected.
- Eating disorders caused by missing teeth are eliminated.
- The problem of cheek and lip collapse in areas with missing teeth ends.
- Psychological problems due to missing teeth are eliminated.
- Digestive system disorders due to insufficient chewing due to missing teeth end.
- The advantages of dental prostheses are as mentioned above.
Bursa Dental Clinic